On November 7, 2017, New Yorkers will have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to vote for a state Constitutional Convention.
A People’s Convention is our best chance to
- Protect and expand our rights
- Defend ourselves against federal overreach
- End the dysfunction and corruption that plagues Albany
- Save the State over a billion dollars per year in waste and redundancy
- And fundamentally transform our state for the better.
Today, our state is governed by a badly antiquated constitution, much of which was written in 1894 and not updated since then.
18 Reasons Why Constitutional Amendments Are Urgent
Shockingly, our Constitution:
|To learn more about the problem, solution, history|
and what other states do, click on each link
And that’s only just a short list of its deficiencies.
Over the following months, NYPeoplesConvention.org Founder Bill Samuels and other leading supporters of a People’s Convention will be rolling out important new thinking on major policy issues critical to the lives of all New Yorkers.
Join the debate and make your voice heard. Let’s take back New York for We, the People.